Before Tony got home, I had a long list of projects I wanted to complete and neglected housework that I wanted to address before he got back. My extremely messy bedroom and closet pictured above, for example. (I'm not even sure if Tony can get to his clothes right now, without wading through various school papers and incomplete scrapbooking projects.) While I was able to get the bedroom clean enough to vacume (how sad is that?), the closet remains unchanged. Neither did I manage to change the filter in the heater, change the filter in the fridge, clean the garage, finish the touch-up painting in the girls' room, finish the little section of flagstone path that I had begun, or hang the curtains in our room. I could blame the kids or the busy lifestyle I've created by having all of them, but the true culprit is my short attention span!
Now that he's left again, for a little jaunt in the submarine, I have a second chance to impress him by getting anything (other than school and feeding the children) accomplished while he's gone. Maybe I should write out a timeline to keep me on track?
On the upside, if I fail miserably once again, at least Tony can feel sure that he's a needed, vital component of our family, and that everything would fall apart if he never came back!
Me, too. Except my hubby comes home every night! So every day I have this grand list in my mind of all the things I will accomplish... and then every day I fail miserably to get it all done. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteDo you homeschool, too? No wonder you don't get anything done. ;o)
A friend of mine once suggested making a "done" list. Instead of writing a "to do" list that may or may not get done, write a done list as you accomplish things throughout the day. I'm sure Tony is more impressed that you keep the kids happy & healthy & thriving than he would if you kept the bedroom clean!
ReplyDelete