Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Distraction

I've been doing all of this sewing...but it hasn't been super fun. Because, as much as I love starting projects, I'm just not as into finishing them. The creative part is fun. The other part is a lot of work.


So, last night I took a break from making quilt binding to peek at a blog or two....and that was the end of productivity.

....unless you call making the most adorable deer potholder ever productive.


When I saw Netties awesome pot holders, I just had to drop what I was doing and make one. Sadly, all of my "peopled" fabric is already destined for something. ...but deer are people too, right? (Dad, feel free to disagree.)

Now Sofia and I are fighting about whether or not it's legal to make something this cute into a pot holder. She wants to frame it. Or at the very least, turn it into a pillow....so I might be forced to make more. :)

Where are my deer scraps from? Something I should be working on.

5 comments:

  1. I think it's nice to have pretty potholders if you have hooks in your kitchen where you can display them while they're not in use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh! That quilt is adorable. I think you should stop the distraction and finish that, so we can see the finished design. And I bet Sofia could probably make her own potholder to frame. It's nice to have something pretty to take out of the oven.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving that quilt at the bottom. What pattern is it? And, I am wondering how in the world you're getting all this sewing done? Homeschooling and Christmas prep and a traveling hubby are kicking my rear. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niko: So far all I've accomplished is...spreading fabric all over the floor. It's messy and unimpressive, so be comforted.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm totally with you on the better-to-start-than-finish a project! I just love the creative energy and possibilities ...

    This deer potholder is adorable. Teeth-hurtingly sweet, even. Love it!

    ReplyDelete