...some of us more proudly than others...
...but lately everyone was boycotting the play space in the kitchen, so I sat down and had a good hard think as to why.
Here's what I came up with:
1. It was crazy messy.
2. No one wants to play in a corner.
3. The evil fat squirrel stole the birdfeeder off of the kitchen window again.
So, this morning I cleaned, cleaned, cleaned. Then I pushed the table up against the wall. Now we're out of the corner and are enjoying the sunny-ish windowbox space.
Sure enough, the littles flocked right to it and played there for most of the day. It even renewed their enthusiasm enough that they finished one of their "stained glass" panels.
Maybe, in another six months, we'll have completed the other one!
Really, I'm in no hurry. I think it's nice that Cozy can wander over, glue some tissues on for as long as she's interested...
...bury the gluestick at the bottom of the tissue bowl...
...and then wander away again.
That's pretty much how I work on projects too. :)
Now, once I buy a new seed bell, we'll be golden!
Your house is too cute! I want a craft/play space in my kitchen! And I am really liking the stained glass project. Is that saran wrap on the glass? We just took down all our coffee filter snowflakes and the windows are looking a little bare. :o)
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little spot! And the rug is quite cheery.
ReplyDeleteI love the ongoing project...I kinda don't trust my kids enough to let them have a glue stick whenever they want. I don't know if that says something about them or me, but so it is.
Are they gluing directly on the window? I love the idea, but don't relish the thought of eventually having to clean it off! I love the rug in your play area.
ReplyDelete