Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Other Project


Here's the other shirt I made Cozy while we were out of town. I know it looks all Instagramed...but really...my camera lens just fogged up the second I stepped outside.


I had this beautiful skirt from a thrift store and there was just no shirt at Target to match it. (Or Old Navy or Walmart. Those are pretty much the only places I go, so it was time to sew something.)

The top (which came with that cute embroidery and beads) and bottom of the shirt belonged to Sofia, when she was a tiny little person, but the middle was full of holes.


I just added a strip of  orange from a scrap t-shirt. I didn't even hem the bottom edge. It's a nice soft jersey that rolls up and doesn't fray, so I figured it wasn't necessary.


...and there's our red, polka-dot bloomers! I knew they'd come in handy!


And, check it out, I figured out how to fill a bobbin from the original instruction book.


No, I'm not sure what made that such a fun experience for me....but it was.
Now I'm home to my modern Kenmore....but I'm thinking I need to do some sewing on the Pfaff Rachel gave me....in 2009! (Why does that seem so long ago? It's amazing what can change in 3 years.)


2 comments:

  1. Cute! You are so good at refashioning things for her! I love that you figured out the old machine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your style, spunk, creative energy, and wit. So glad you're in our ward and share so much goodness with us!

    ReplyDelete