Friday, January 29, 2010

Why, yes, I have been sewing...

...I've just been trying not to blog about it. I don't know why. Maybe I'm just trying not to deviate from the original reason I started my blog - to keep in touch with family and friends. ...but occasional sewing posts are ok, right?


I've been making more doll quilts - surprise! Some of them, like this wonky log cabin quilt, are practice quilts to get ready for larger projects, but I have no shortage of little people to give them to (thanks to my siblings for making me a billion nieces). I was anti-wonky things for a long time, but I think, used judiciously, I might be ok with a little "wonk" here and there.


Not too much wonk, right?


This stacked-coin quilt is Lily's birthday present (I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, since she'll be turning 2.) Her birthday isn't until April - what was I thinking?!! It semi-matches Cozy's doll quilt, since they're birthday twins.


The stripey one....well, I just felt like making something blue and green. I thought a bold brown would be nice to show off the quilting, but it shows it off a little too well.


(I have tension issues that need to be resolved by a professional. Right now I'm quilting with my tension on a 9 just to get by.)


Of course all quilts need matching pillow cases (which double as stuffy sleeping bags).


Don't they make sweet bundles?

12 comments:

  1. I love your blog Lia! I just can't help smile when I read it, you just have away of saying things so cutely! Your quilts are awesome! I think you should take over for crazy mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope occasional sewing posts are okay, since I've been doing that as well! Your doll quilts are adorable! Lucky you having all those nieces to sew for! I just have my own baby girl to sew for and I'm exhausting my options of things she can remotely use right now!

    I want to learn how to free-motion quilt but I can't seem to get it to work on my machine. Do you need a certain kind of machine for that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're sooo cute Lia! Maybe you can give me some doll quilting lessons when we come visit next time. I think I might be up for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh... We SO need to be neighbors so we can sew together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom: Sounds like a lot of work - which is why she probably quit.

    Jenny: I don't think so?...but I'm not an expert. Are your feed dogs off? Do you have an embroidery/darning foot?

    Betsy: Woohoo! Let's!

    Nikko: I know!...but I don't really want to move to Texas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all your projects! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a genius. I think maybe I've said that before...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your quilts....almost as much as updates on the children.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are fabulous! I love the wonky one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What sort of tension issues are we talking about? Do you need a massage therapist, a psychotherapist, or a sewing machine repairman?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also love the wonky one, it's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, Dad, I have those kind of tension issues too, but I was referring to the "sewing machine repair person" kind.

    ReplyDelete