As it turns out, sea turtles like to eat the sea grasses that grow in the bay at Akumal. I saw five. Two of them were at least as big as me! It was amazing. It took Tony two tries to get Annika to see a turtle, but they did it!
The Akumal beach was a mile or so away, but you could snorkel, swim, play in the surf, or just run after the seagulls. Something for everyone.
Jonny was thrilled to be life-vest-free for once. Anthony was constantly embattled in sand fights with his cousins and sisters.
BooBoo put a lot of time into his "surfing".
It took Cozy a while to warm up to the whole beach thing. During the first visit, she was ok with playing in the sand....chasing birds and dogs.
After some forced interaction with the surf, she decided that running in and out of the water wasn't too scary.
By our last visit, she wanted to walk into the water and play where she could barely keep her chin above water - me hovering over her, to pick her up when she went under...or the waves went over. (Scary.)
Cozy also picked up a new phrase, to go with our new swimming lifestyle. "I want a tow-el. I want a tow-el. I want a tow-el." It means, "Wrap me in a towel, so that I can cuddle up, get warm (it must be hard to having minimal body fat), and take a nap!"
I'm worried that this trip has ruined me for all future vacations.
I know what you mean about ruining your trips...we got an amazing deal on an owner's suite for our scandinavian cruise and i thought...this will ruin us all for sure. Looks heavenly...glad you all had so much fun!
ReplyDelete