Monday, May 2, 2011

Yellow Pass-Me-Down Pinwheels

I actually had a totally valid, necessary, husband-supported reason to go to Goodwill this time. Annika's new headboard needed rails. Maybe they have some? They didn't...but they did have this sweet little pinwheel quilt.


The silky, yellow binding was pretty worn (and not remotely my style), but I knew that wouldn't be too hard to change.


And, while I wasn't crazy about all of the patterns...


...I just adored others!


I think a little blue binding was just what it needed.


...the easiest quilt I ever "made".

6 comments:

  1. Wow, the change in binding really made a great difference! Congrats on your find!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Cuteness! What an awesome find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet. I love how you see things others don't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's beautiful Lia! I got a couple quilt magazines at a garage sale this week-end and there's a pattern I know you'll like. Can't remember the name right now. Started a zig zag quilt yesterday, they are one of my favorite. love you sweetie. Oh, I just noticed you re-quilted it too. you do that so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom: I actually didn't requilt it at all. :) It just came that way. I'd love to see a cute new pattern - so can we come over this weekend? ....and have James' birthday party?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously?!?! I can't believe you found this at a thrift store! The new border is just perfect ... great idea (and I'm so impressed you had the idea and followed through with it ... what a novel concept ...)

    ReplyDelete