Thursday, August 25, 2011

Composition Cuteness

My nice friend/sister-in-law Beth sent me this wonderful composition book for my birthday. She cutified it herself.


I immediately called her, thanked her, and demanded to know her secrets. Then we were off to the craft store for modge podge and scrapbook paper! (And I have to mention that the earthquake happened while we were at Michaels!)

I've been obsessively upcycling old composition books and prettifying new ones I got for cheap in back-to-school sales. This is going to be the best school year ever! ...or at least the most aesthetically pleasing.

I loved the bird print...


...but so did Sofia.


I thought this would be a fun project to do with the kids, but I couldn't even handle watching Sofia make one. My misplaced perfectionism - it's a curse. Still, it's easy. So you might like to do it with your kids.

I did let them each pick one. James chose the bombers (which was sort of my plan anyhow), and I finally talked Jonny into the stripes...instead of making him the eiffel tower print he wanted. (I know, I'm mean - but it was just too goofy.)


...and Sofia made one, complete with drawing, for her friend.



IN OTHER NEWS: Sofi and Odie went to "new student orientation" this morning. I didn't even have to drive them. The bus picked them up and dropped them off. They got to meet all of their teachers. Anthony was torn. Spanish sounded so fun...but so did orchestra...in the end, he decided to postpone taking Spanish. (I can't deny being pleased. I hated for him to give up violin.) Everyone is excited for school to start!

3 comments:

  1. those are darling Lia!(Beth) Did you buy the letters? And I'm so happy Sofia already has a friend(but not surprised) Wow, that's nice the bus picked them up, get them alittle used to it. I'm glad too that the kids are doing orchestra, glad their even offering it! I love Sofia's notebook and did she draw the picture?(of course)sure excited about seeing you guys! Well if no painting needs to be done we can ccertainly craft!Rachel sounded alittle stressed today, promised her I'd be there Sat. a.m. to help pick out the flowers at the market. Doesn;t that sound like fun! love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are super cute, and great paper selection. I love Sofia's drawing! -Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are adorable, and I have a stack of composition books I bought during LAST year's back to school sales--which we never used. (I'm a bit obsessive about school supply sales, lol!) I KNOW we'd use them if they were that cute, though! How do you make them?

    ReplyDelete