Monday, February 28, 2011

For Hazel

I finally finished the quilt to go with Hazel's little apron!



It took forever - which was my own fault. From the design to the quilting, if there was a choice I could make to complicate my project...I made it.

When I was working on Annika's quilt, I realized it was really just a modified tumbler pattern (with sashing between the rows). My only thought was: why would you do that to yourself? ...then I went and did it.


And then, once I got to the quilting, I found out that my straight lines had nowhere to go in the sashing. I had to start over...and line each block. Bleh. ...but I do like the result...and the butterflies (from my stash).


And the little Bo Peeps on the binding and pillow...thrift store remnant, for 25 cents. (SO grateful I still have a bit left!)




Happy Un-birthday, Hazel!

7 comments:

  1. SO cute!! That looks complicated...I can't figure out how you put sashing between those, but then I'm such a novice quilter, so that's probably why. I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the orange and aqua combo, and the modified tumbler pattern! So cute! Such lucky girls who get your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! Those are DARLING!!! I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish that was for MY Hazel! I'm selfish that way. :) So completely adorable. Your fabric choice is impeccable. No wonder I like you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny: NOT hard, just time-consuming. I'll show you how some time...or put up a link.

    Mom & Mary: Thanks!

    Nikko: Let me know if any of your boys want one. ;)

    Natalie: Good...because it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess it pays to be selfish sometimes! We love it, my friend. Simply perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete