Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Getting Promoted


We had a couple of children "get promoted" this year.

Annika finished her one semester of Elementary School. I think it was a nice, gentle introduction to public schooling. ...and I'm grateful to discover that I have a second child who is naturally concerned with studying and turning in assignments. Whew.


...and she's growing into such a beautiful young lady. {Mom Sigh}


Embarrassed or happy that she had to walk down the isle with her crush? You be the judge.


Anthony's 8th grade promotion (moving up to High School - eek!) was a much larger event....so this was the only picture I got of him. And, as much stress as his academics have caused me this year, I would like to believe that his most "effective effort" was not in PE. {Mom Sigh - again}


Since the screen didn't share any of Anthony's accomplishments this year, I'm going to share a few.
These are some that matter to me:
1) Anthony had a "girlfriend" all year, who he treats with respect and consideration. And, if my sources are to be trusted, they have yet to kiss. :) {Mom Smile and High Five}
2) Although is doesn't always translate to good grades (someone doesn't turn in homework..and sometimes even classwork), Anthony has probably learned more about science this year than his peers have ever forgot. It's what he reads about in his spare time. When I teasingly tell him that "whatever 3-year-old made the faces in his book stunk at drawing", he rolls his eyes and explains the functions of all of the parts of the cell he was looking at.
3) My son is helpful and sweet. He empties trash, mows yards, cleans gutters, and does every other manly chore you can think of (even the dishes).


I sure love those big kids.

4 comments:

  1. thank you Lia! I've been missing your posts (I know your just "alittle" busy). Annika looks beautiful(too?)she's such a doll. You have a right to be proud you have awesome children. Can't wait to have two of them in a month or so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I've been having mom sighs over lost teeth... This is much bigger. (And scarier!) Congratulations Annika and Anthony!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have great kids. I LOVE that picture of Annika walking with her crush. She's definitely happy about the situation. :)

    ReplyDelete